Wednesday 8 January 2014

AXE FX!!!111!!?? Happiness :)

Got my hands on an Axe fx Ultra! Got it about 2 weeks ago but was too lazy to grab a camera.

Now these are extremely rare in South Africa, so I had to jump on the chance to own an Axe Fx in what ever form I could get my hands on.

I'm extremely happy with it so far, got a lot to learn though. At first I was worried that it was an out-dated piece of gear given that people are all about the Axe 2, but my fears completely dissipated as soon as I started messing with the thing. I'm sure the axe 2 sounds better as it's an updated piece of hardware, but to my ears this sounds VERY nice and will tide me over for a good while.

I also bought a Mackie Thump 12a after demoing a few speakers at a local store. I actually went in looking to test the Alto ts115a as loads of people were raving about it. I tested that, the ts112a, some piece of shit Hybrid brand I believe it was called, and then plugged this thing in. At least to my ears it blew the others away AND was on special.

So yeah I'm pretty happy. PICS!









No comments:

Post a Comment